How To Gain Weight Fast For Skinny People In 2020?
Just as many people try to maintain a healthy weight trying not to gain weight, many others try to keep it without losing those kilos necessary to avoid looking (and being) underweight. Although the percentage of thin people is lower than that of overweight individuals, they suffer physically and psychologically from low weight. Today I will share everything about How To Gain Weight Fast For Skinny People In 2020?
What does underweight mean?
Officially, anyone with a BMI of 18.5 or lower is underweight. BMI indicates your body mass index calculated from your body weight in kilograms times your height in meters squared. A man of 75 kg and 1.80 meters tall would, therefore, have a BMI of 75 / (1.80 * 1.80) = 23.15. However, the body mass index is only a guideline. Very muscular people always have a high BMI while not being overweight because muscle weighs more than fat.
How to gain weight?
If your calculated BMI is below 18.5, a medical evaluation is essential. Sometimes it can be a disease. But if you are healthy, a question arises: what is the best way to increase? Running to the nearest fast food restaurant and eating everything on the menu is not a good idea if you want to stay healthy. For this, a couple of things should be considered. Here are our tips for healthily gaining weight.
- Calculate your first daily calorie requirement. The goal is the long-term increase in daily calorie intake by 500 kcal. The important thing is to give the body time to get used to the excess calories. To start, it would be right to consume 100 to 200 kcal more.
- Eat more during meals; you don’t need to. Better to take small and frequent meals throughout the day. Five or six are perfect.
- Plan what you eat in advance. It is not easy to know what to eat 5 or 6 times a day, but you need to know exactly what we will eat. Equally important, in addition to eating, is the energy density that foods can give us. Essential for energy and weight gain are:
- peanut butter
- dried fruit
- whole grains
It is essential to pay attention to a varied and balanced diet. Weight gain does not have to diminish well-being. Carbohydrates, for example, quickly provide much energy. It is advisable, in the case of meat intake, to buy high-quality products.
- Furthermore, as they say, the eye also wants its part. Decorating dishes well is useful and rewarding.
- Take regular food as often as possible. The soups should be dressed with olive oil and plenty of Parmesan. Fruit juices are also a good idea to get calories quickly
- Drink enough—at least two liters of water per day.
- Sport is important. You should start with a regular exercise program. To then build muscle mass.
Gaining weight quickly (e.g., a few days) is not synonymous with having steadily reached a new bodyweight: it is just a temporary weight gain. For example, if you eat many carbohydrates and then weigh yourself, you will immediately notice that the needle of the scale indicates a higher body weight than usual. Every gram of glucose stored in the form of glycogen, about 3 g of water correspond.
If your goal is to reach a higher body weight to maintain it over time, speed is not the best way. The starting point for setting up a fattening diet is to know one’s caloric needs. A value to be progressively increased: an increase in income corresponds to the rise in weight, which varies according to one’s genetics and physical activity.
To guarantee the result, it is always better to proceed one step at a time and consistently: it is useless to start eating all day continuously, but it is enough to increase your energy needs by 10-15%. For example, if you are used to consuming 2000 kcal per day, you can switch to a high calorie of 2200-2300 kcal.
The recommended physical activity is that with weights because proper training causes muscle mass to increase (= pounds of weight gained).
How to gain weight healthily? How to do?
To be able to gain weight healthily, the big goal is to be able to increase the amount of muscle and not fat. It would be beautiful but impossible, as they are mutually exclusive processes: increasing muscle mass means that it is necessary to take more than calories; on the other hand, wanting to decrease fat mass presupposes a calorie deficit. It would, therefore, be required to have a hyper- and low-calorie diet at the same time, which does not exist.
Therefore, if you want to gain weight, you must resign yourself to the idea that a share of the extra kg taken will be given by fat. In fact, according to a study, by increasing your calorie intake by 500-2000 kcal/day, only 30-40% of the weight gained is given by the muscle: the remaining 60-70% will be adipose tissue (unwanted and to be gradually eliminated with a subsequent and careful calorie-cutting phase).
To weigh more and stay healthy, it is essential to maintain proper body composition. An increase in fat mass would be dangerous for the body. The reference values of fat mass to be maintained are about 15% for men and 22% for women. For sportspeople, athletes, and those looking for higher body definition, this % must be lowered (without exaggerating, even the adipose tissue is essential!). Maintain health through
Therefore, to promote weight gain in favor of skeletal muscle, it is recommended to combine resistance training with a healthy high-calorie diet (no junk food ). In addition to this, gradualness is essential: an increase of 200 g / 450 g of weight per week is recommended, considering that 450 g corresponds to a caloric surplus of 2300-3600 kcal. Is it a little, a lot? It depends on what weight you want to get and how fast you are.
I go running five times a week or CrossFit four times a week, and at each session, I burn 500 kcal (purely invented number not to be taken as a reference). My goal is to accumulate calories, not waste them for this reason, and I have to stop training?
No, just add them as additional calories to your high-calorie diet! Despite the “problem” of having to take in more kcal, taking away physical activity is still not a benefit. Although gradually replacing running workouts with weight training (if the goal is to gain mass) is a good idea.
What is the diet for gaining weight?
Everyone is good at gaining weight poorly: just enter the junk food loop, and you will surely gain weight. Too bad that health problems will also increase at the same time since you have only accumulated fat.
The best way to gain weight is to follow a healthy, high-calorie diet that is sustainable over time, since gaining weight (well) also takes time.
- get used to having numerous small meals and snacks throughout the day
- drink beverages or milk instead of water
- have a snack an hour before bedtime
- consume energy-dense foods
- use sports drinks instead of water during training
- during meals, drink at the end of the meal, to avoid filling up with water
- avoid carbonated drinks, which create bloating and a feeling of fullness
Practical tips to take home if you want to gain weight:
- Gradually increase your calorie needs (+ 10-15%) ;
- Practice activities with weights (better if aimed at hypertrophy);
- Prefer carbohydrate and protein sources, excellent dense calorie foods.